One day after he delivered his resignation letter to Gov. Andrew Cuomo on September 30th, Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY) pled guilty today to insider trading charges in a Manhattan courtroom. With this plea, Collins acknowledged that he passed along secrets to his son, Cameron, and his son’s prospective father-in-law, Stephen Zarsky, about an Australian biotechnology company for which Collins held a board position.
I’ve stated previously that Collins was often present for Civil Air Patrol awards, to include the Congressional Gold Medal and the Spaatz Award, obtaining press ophotos that would be helpful to his re-election campaigns.
“Certain folks are just born leaders, and some of us learn these traits in other ways. Valerie (Duell) raised a daughter who is a born leader,” said Congressman Collins. “On behalf of Western New York, I want to congratulate Meghan (Duell) on her prestigious achievement and thank her for her leadership and commitment to keeping our communities safe.”
“This award was a long time in the making and I really appreciate all of the support from my friends and family that pushed me to succeed,” said Meghan Duell, Captain of the Civil Air Patrol’s New York Wing. “It was an honor to be a part of this program and I want to express my sincere thanks to Congressman Collins for presenting me with this award.”
• CAP Advocate Congressman Chris Collins Arrested
• CAP-USAF IG Reported Civil Air Patrol Abuses
• GOP Rep. Chris Collins used campaign funds to pay legal bills
• Corrupt CAP Coddles Congressional Cadre
• Congresswoman Tenney Unaware of Rampant Abuse in Civil Air Patrol
• New York Rep Claudia Tenney Uses CAP Cadets in Uniform
• CAP Member Claudia Tenney Uses Hate Speech
• ARE MANY MASS MURDERERS DEMOCRATS? GOP CONGRESSWOMAN THINKS SO